Friday, June 01, 2007

Belle & epoque

I am licquidating my stash by knitting faster (khm... smaller projects)
Last year I purchased 2x400 grams of Katia Jamaica cotton yarn, the turqoise-pink-orange one became Clapotis nr. 2, but green-beige-red-orange mix hid in the closet and didn't find a pattern.
Then one day last week my daughter came home and asked whether she could stay over for a night at a friend's place upcoming week. Of course I said yes, last time they had great fun together.
And it just happened that I was cleaning the closet and deciding the fate of my stash, so I instantly got an idea to knit some playful skirts. I pulled out Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge and picked out two ruffles.
2 days later I had these beauties ready:
Belle

...and E'poque

Close-ups of ruffles, they are:
Belle Epoque

...and knit fluted edge
Why such a name... Well, Belle èpoque means in french "good/beautiful times" and I guess childhood can be considered the best of times, so it wasn't difficult to name the skirts after ruffles :)

Info:
Yarn: Katia Jamiaca, 100% cotton, color 4002 (Suzanne) , used for both 320 grams
Needles: 4 mm Addi Turbo circular
Pattern: my own

4 comments:

zrinka said...

Ciao Ing.
Bellissimo questo completo belle epoque!
Che sei bravissima te l'ho già detto ... e che sei anche molto creativa e fantasiosa?
I colori che hai scelto, poi, mettono allegria a guardarli ... e la modella è proprio carina!
:o)
Buona giornata

knitaly said...

Che belle le ruffles con i fori! E come è a suo agio la modella!
Ho visto anche le foto dei vati S&B e WWKIP, la tua bibma è davvero brava e sta sicuramente esecitando manualità e creatività.
Complimenti ad entrambe :)

Lillysmuul said...

Vaga vinge seelik!
kust sa idee said nende satside jaoks?

Ing. said...

Aitähh, satsid tulevad Nicky Epsteini raamatust Knitting on the edge