Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lollipop

I've made quite a few cotton items in the past few years (you might remember this, these and these) and I've had a shoe box full of scrap yarns (maybe 30-40 grams each ball). Until a few months ago I've deceived myself constantly thinking that one day I would be the new Prudence Mapstone with my creations in freeform crochet, but at this moment I need space and I need it fast (yep, I have a new order arriving from the other side of the ocean) so I had no other option but to use the scraps as fast as possible, empty the box and therefor make some space in the bed, and since the summer vacation is quite near, a new summer hat was in order. Of course for my daughter who has been bugging me quite awhile with requests on knitted garments.
Armed with 4 mm crochet hook and scraps I started working in single crochets and finished yesterday with this:
New hat
It has 3 different yarns in 6 different colourways:
Katia Jamaica in 4002 (beige, green, red) and 4003 (blue, pink, beige
Ornaghi Filati Alicante in 65 (greens) and 62 (pinks)
GB Wolle Mosaik in pink and lilac.
I started it like a beanie and later I crocheted the brim.
Odds and ends - mainly cottons
She seems to be very happy with it. I have enough to make a second one ;)
She likes her hat

1 comment:

alt.ayu said...

this is such a great idea!! I love it! :)