Monday, May 12, 2008

New loot, new love

I am madly in love with my new Harmony needles: they are amazing, smooth but not slippery, light and warm, the cable is (it seems right now) better than the Addi cable and the fun colors making working quicker.
Look at them, gorgeous:
HArmony interchangable circs
I also, surprise surprise, enhanced my stash with some
Knit Picks Shimmer new colourway Galazy
Knit Picks Shimmer - Galaxy
and Knit Picks Gloss Cosmos
Knitpicks Gloss
which I'm currently making up as the Mystic Light KAL (I know I'm late, was waiting for the yarn)
Mystic Light KAL clue 2
I'm not too happy with myself and the pattern working together: my Virgo personality likes clear understanding of where the pattern is going, pattern repeats that match from the beginning to the end and very certain pattern changes. I don't blame the pattern, I blame myself of not being able to count and follow pattern row by row. Plus I do not know how I could have read instead of sl1k2togpsso (slip 1- knit 2 together - pass slipped stitch over) as s2kwk1psso (slip 2 knitwise - knit 1 - pass slipped stitches over) - so my diamonds have a little unusual look and then in the middle of the work change their appearance :P But I really like the finished shawl I've seen online.

1 comment:

Alice Twain said...

Sto pensando di prendere anche io qualche puntale Harmony per il lavoro a traforo. Pensavo 4 4,5 e 5.