Sunday, March 04, 2007

The biggest surprise!

Men hate shopping. My one does as well. (Unless they are buying their gadgets.) Unfortunately for him and luckily for me, my one had a week in NY City, and one free day to go shopping. So I gave him a list and asked for 4 skeins of Koigu KPPPM (I looked up 7-8 colors, so that he'd surely find me some), prepared a list of shops to choose from and hoped that the stores have the yarn. Last midnight I got an SMS saying, "I got you the books and some yarn". I think it's not a surprise that I was very content, all experienced yarnholics are when holding Koigu in hand.
So this morning he arrived with a mysetrius bag which was way too heavy for one book and four skeins of Koigu, as I had requested. And a story: "So I went to this store where you said I can find the Koigu colors you wanted. I entered and gave the list to the shopkeeper, she said those yarns are all sold, gave me a ladder and showed me to the shelves. Did I men ion that I needed a ladder to reach them all. I hope you like the colors, cause I chose them myself." Hearing this I opened the bag striaght away, finding this:

15 SKEINS of Koigu KPM and KPPM (And the colors are quite right as well)
and these:

Maie Landra "Knits from Painter's Palette" and Nora Gaughan "Knititng Nature".
I am happy, happy, happy.
Now what shall I do with 15 skeins of Koigu? ;)

No comments: